Monday, March 30, 2009

A Tale of Two Miracles


There was a story that ran in Business Week September 10, 2001. Undoubtedly it was eclipsed by the events of the following day.


It contained a powerful message for anyone despondent over the current financial crisis.


This story is for anyone who is facing a consuming, painful situation. Anyone who feels they don't have a way out. Anyone who thinks things can't possibly get better.


Personally, I have experienced a miracle of a similar ilk. The professional circumstances were not as dire, and the stakes were not as high, but I was tempted to despair on many occasions.


On those occasions I would pick up my rosary.


Through that prayer, I immersed myself in Jesus. His humility, His divinity. His miracles, love, suffering and ocean of mercy. I thought about the Blessed Virgin Mary, and all of her joys and sorrows. Her wisdom, her gentleness, kindness and her absolute surrender to the will of God.


A funny thing happened. The more I thought about them, the less I thought about me.


And then one day, after months of prayer, the call came. Jesus had given me a miracle.


My heart swelled with love for Jesus, the greatness of God and in gratitude for the loving intercession of Our Lady, and Glorious St. Joseph, whose protection I had also sought.


Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that the story in Business Week ran Sept. 10, 2001. For if ever there was a day that this message was needed, it was Sept. 11, 2001.



Please, please pray the rosary. Consider the mysteries carefully and pray with all your heart.



Jesus is waiting for you.

1 comment:

  1. What an inspirational post! Isn't in amazing what happens when you spent time with God? I know I feel very different on days when I spend more time with Him than when I do not. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete