Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Favorite Miracle

One of my favorite bloggers, Michael over at Reach Paradise, recently mused about the miracle of the loaves and fishes, then posed this question: If you could have witnessed one of Our Lord's miracles, what would it have been?

This sent me over the edge because that just happens to be a happy pastime of mine - sometimes when I pray the rosary I get lost thinking about what it must have been like to be there for the Annunciation, or the Nativity or the Resurrection or to have even walked past Jesus when he was out and about.

Today we celebrate the Feast of the Transfiguration, where Jesus revealed himself in all of his splendor to Peter, James and John. Now Michael, that would have been something to see!

The best thing is that this is a miracle that seems within reach. Maybe it won't be on Mount Tabor - but I pray one day I too will see my Lord in all of His splendor.

He suffered and died so that He might welcome my sinful self into His Kingdom. On the cross, He made His Mother my Mother. He loves me and He forgives me. And Michael, that is my favorite miracle of all!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the very kind words.

    Aside from choosing a spectacular "favorite", you make a really great point ... the one you chose is within our reach! I never thought about it that way, but what a wonderful perspective!

    I pray that your wish is fulfilled one day - for you and me both!

    ReplyDelete