Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!!!


I begin this post with apologies for not posting the ninth day of the novena, the very important day that Jesus asked us to bring him the Lukewarm Souls. I wasn't able to get to my computer, hopefully you were able to find the prayers elsewhere on the Internet.


Now, about today.


Divine Mercy Sunday!!!


Today Our wonderful, loving and MERCIFUL Lord opens the floodgates of heaven.


The promises are so BIG, so bold and so wonderful that I don't dare try and describe them myself...instead I quote Our Lord himself from St. Faustina's Diary. (699)


My daughter, tell the whole world about My inconceivable mercy. I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet. My mercy is so great that no mind, be it of man or of angel, will be able to fathom it throughout all eternity. Everything that exists has come forth from the very depths of My most tender mercy. Every soul in its relation to Me will contemplate My love and mercy throughout eternity. The Feast of Mercy emerged from My very depths of tenderness. It is My desire that it be solemnly celebrated on the first Sunday after Easter. Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the Fount of My Mercy.



There is one more thing. In order to receive God's mercy, we must be merciful to others. We must live His example.


We are not only to receive the mercy of God, but to use it by being merciful to others through our actions, our words, and our prayers; in other words, we are to practice the Corporal and Spiritual Works (Acts) of Mercy.
The Lord wants us to do these works of mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no use without works.


What are the Works of Mercy?


Corporal Works


Feed the hungry
Give drink to the thirsty
Clothe the naked
Shelter the homeless
Comfort the prisoners
Visit the sick
Bury the dead


Spiritual Works



Teach the ignorant
Pray for the living & dead
Correct sinners
Counsel those in doubt
Console the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently
Forgive wrongs willingly



Jesus' Call to Mercy


"I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse or absolve yourself from it.
I am giving you three ways of exercising mercy toward your neighbor:the first — by deed, the second — by word, the third — by prayer. In these three degrees is contained the fullness of mercy, and it is an unquestionable proof of love for Me. By this means a soul glorifies and pays reverence to My mercy.


Many souls ... are often worried because they do not have the material means with which to carry out an act of mercy. Yet spiritual mercy, which requires neither permissions nor storehouses, is much more meritorious and is within the grasp of every soul.


If a soul does not exercise mercy somehow or other, it will not obtain My mercy on the day of judgment. Oh, if only souls knew how to gather eternal treasure for themselves, they would not be judged, for they would forestall My judgment with their mercy" (1317).
with appreciation to the Marians of the Immaculate Conception



1 comment:

  1. HC
    This was SUCH a good post. I haven't seen the works of mercy listed out in a while. It was a great refresher of what I should be doing! Keep up the great blog!

    ReplyDelete