Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Traveling Catholic : Mass on the Road

Weekend travel can present a dilemma for Catholics, who often scramble to find Mass on the road. Worry no more! One Sunday morning my husband had to take an early flight across the country. Saturday evening we were invited to attend an event hosted by a good friend who we hadn’t seen in some time. The event was scheduled from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Given my husband’s scheduled flight the following day, we debated whether or not we should arrive early, stay a short while and then head to Mass or go to Mass first and catch the last hour or so of the gathering.

Then I found http://www.parishesonline.com/ , and in a few clicks located an evening Mass within walking distance of my husband’s hotel. It was win- win. We enjoyed great quality time with our friends, and my husband loved the Mass, held in a beautiful cathedral that he might never have had the occasion to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment