Thursday, May 14, 2009

Really Relevant Radio

As a HappytoBeCatholic, I am always striving for a deeper understanding of Truth. I love to read about the lives of the saints, read accounts of the lives of Our Lady and St. Joseph as reported by mystics and historians, and watch documentaries and movies about Catholics, Christians and other world religions. I am inspired by stories of miraculous healings and accounts of the power of prayer.

Of all the resources available to my inquiring Catholic mind, none has proven more valuable than a talk radio station called Relevant Radio.
Every time I turn on this Catholic station, I learn something new or my faith is deepened in some way.

You can tune in each morning and receive in your-face- Truth courtesy of the incomparable Father John Corapi. Catholic family and relationship issues? Dr. Ray Guarendi hosts a program just for that. The treasure of spiritual direction is available for all to experience, on The Inner Life – a program featuring various spiritual directors from around the country. My personal favorite is afternoon drive time The Drew Mariani Show. This skillfully presented show features experts discussing politics, faith, culture, spiritual warfare, prayer and more. Drew’s show leaves me inspired, uplifted, energized and occasionally outraged. His talent is truly extraordinary and has helped me explore aspects of Catholicism that I might not have discovered on my own.

Relevant Radio is in a number of states, for a complete list, click here. But the good news is that even if you aren’t fortunate to have an affiliate in your area, you can listen online anytime, free of charge! Free audio archives are available for download as well.

Lots of non-Catholics listen as well. The programming is that great.

If you tune in this week, you will find yourself at the tail end of their quarterly pledge drives. Another unique thing about Relevant Radio is that they are listener supported. Four times a year they host a week long pledge drive, and listeners call and contribute $5, $10, $25…whatever they can afford to help keep this extraordinary Catholic station on the air. Even the pledge drives are fun…it feel nice to be a part of something that brings so many people closer to God.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I cant wait to listen! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete