Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pray, Hope and Don't Worry


Pray, hope and don't worry....

St. Padre Pio


Happy Feast Day of St. Padre Pio!

Bilocation ...the gift of reading souls...fights with the devil..bearing the wounds of Christ...


Padre Pio's holy life was marked with extraordinary gifts of the Holy Spirit, an intense love of Jesus, the Eucharist and His Passion, and deep devotion to Our Lady. It is reported that St. Pio prayed up to 36 rosaries a day!
And I am so proud of myself when I do one. *sigh* That is why we venerate this remarkable saint - we all have much to learn from his holy example.

So for all of those in need of a miracle, today is your day. Ask wonderful Padre Pio, trust in the mercy and goodness of God and don't worry.

Prayer for the Intercession of St. Pio of Pietrelcina


Dear God, You generously blessed Your servant, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, with the gifts of the Spirit. You marked his body with the five wounds of Christ Crucified, as a powerful witness to the saving Passion and Death of Your Son. Endowed with the gift of discernment, St. Pio labored endlessly in the confessional for the salvation of souls. With reverence and intense devotion in the celebration of Mass, he invited countless men and women to a greater union with Jesus Christ in the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.Through the intercession of St. Pio of Pietrelcina, I confidently beseech You to grant me the grace of (here state your petition). Amen.


Glory be to the Father... (three times).



Efficacious Novena To The Sacred Heart Of Jesus (This novena prayer was recited every day by Padre Pio for all those who asked his prayers)


O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.’ Behold, I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of...Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father... Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.II. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, He will give it to you.’ Behold, in Your name, I ask the Father for the grace of...Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father... Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.III. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away.’ Encouraged by Your infallible words, I now ask for the grace of...Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father... Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us poor sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of You, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate heart of Mary, Your tender mother and ours.


Hail, Holy Queen... St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us


Amen.



More devotions to Padre Pio can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. I am smiling for two reasons. First, my pastor from my childhood was very devoted to Padre Pio. Prayed to him, had statues, preached about him. You brought back some good memories of him with your post.

    And second, after reading the line "36 rosaries a day" I had the same reaction you did ... "I am happy when I complete 1!" Like you said, we have a long way to go and much to learn!

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend!

    Thank you for the wishes on my feast day! You can't know what that meant to me!!! God bless and keep you! Hope all is well with you and that we will both be back to blogging more soon!

    ((hugs)) booklady

    ReplyDelete